works locally doesn't work on site

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by jakkjakk, Aug 6, 2010.

1. HI Guys,

My website doesn't seem to work the way it does on my local machine. What I do on wallstate.asp is I call another website using a http request. then I put it in cell and parse it out. Seems that the host doesn't allow me to call another website.

Line 68: If i = 0 Then
    Line 69: quote = cell(3).Split("""")
    Line 70: Else : quote = cell(4).Split("""")
    Line 71: End If
    Line 72: quote2.Add(quote(3))

Source File: E:\web\letstren\wallstate.aspx.vb Line: 70

Stack Trace:

[IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.]
    _Default.Submit_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\web\letstren\wallstate.aspx.vb:70
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

this works locally here. Not sure why it doesn't work on your host. If your interested in seeing this first hand go to letstren.w04.Winhost.com click on market summary.

Also another thing that's strange is if you go to the stock page and use IBM as a ticker symbol it doesn't work. However, if you use any other ticker symbol like ORB, VZ, T, AAPL TSLA or any others it works fine. I don't have any coding behind the scenes that does with just a particular one. They all get processed the same way.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

This error ....

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

is not a connection issue or an issue relating to http call.

How are you defining your array? I suspect the array is connecting to your database, how are you setting up the data source on your database.