Why is this page of my website so slow?

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by albezuta, Sep 11, 2012.

1. :confused:I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.
    The page I have problem is
    http://www.albezuta.com/admin/ModifyItinerary.aspx

Basically, the user can use this page to edit an xml file which is the data source of an accordion control on another page. Everything works smoothly on my local developing computer, but very slow after I uploaded to the Winhost server, and the Delete buttons seem not working. Since it's a practice project of mine, I'll post the code here if it's necessary.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Cool site.

I was able to load up your web site instantly on my end. I don't see your web site as being slow. I browsed through different web pages and all of them loaded instantly for me.

"and the Delete buttons seem not working."

Do you get an error message when you click it? Can you please provide us with the error message you are receiving on your end. (If any)

3. Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C)
    Timestamp: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 15:00:30 UTC

Message: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.
    Line: 2
    Char: 74741
    Code: 0
    URI: http://albezuta.com/ScriptResource...._25s97PUSMrydSfzq4AqlDS620&t=fffffffffd88dfc4

Above is the error I got in IE, also if I use IE, there is a box with just a "cancel" button which does nothing.

The other page of my site works fine, it's just the page I linked is very slow.

4. After doing some search on Google, I managed to get rid of the error and the box; but the page is still not responding as fast as I expected. I think maybe the slowness is caused by the updatepanel I'm using.