WebsiteSpark program from MS

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by dabruce, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Is anyone else enrolled in the WebsiteSpark program from MS? http://www.microsoft.com/web/WebSiteSpark/WebPro/Default.aspx. They have a program offering "free" software like Visual Studio 2008 & 2010, SQL Server 2008 & 2008 R2, Expression 3 & 4, Windows Server 2008 & 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 & 2008 R2. It only lasts for 3 years because you're supposed to be self-supporting by and you have to meet certain program conditions, mainly developing and deploying websites using the MS software and do a certain number a year.

I was just wondering if anyone else uses this program or knows anything about it. One thing you have to do is find a qualified hosting company. Of course, most of their Hosting Parners are so expensive that a startup web development company couldn't afford one. I'm trying to find out if Winhost qualifies. I think it would and the MS doublespeak is just to get you to use one of their partner hosting companies.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

I think that if your business qualifies then you can join the program and get all the free software. Where you host your site is up to you. You can choose the hosting partners for the program but you are also free to host sites whereever you want. So host with us if you want to.

3. Or even if you don't want to! ;)