web.config

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Guest, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm currently with 1and1 and I currently have five domains on my account, each are asp.net 2.0, each point to their own folder and each have a web.config in their folder. That requires me to make that folder an "Application" in control panel. I now find out that 1and1 will only allow five "Applications" total with no option of increasing that limit. That pushes me to find another provider, along with other things. Is this the norm for asp.net hosting or is Winhost.com more flexible? 1and1 also has a limit of five mailing lists which cramps your ability to offer clients a mailing list, assuming you want to have more than five clients.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

You can have as many number of applications folders as you like on our server. You simply create the folder with FTP and log into the control panel, navigate to the Site Info Manager and under a button title "Application Starting Point" set that folder as an application folder. Try referencing this kb article for more information on our application folder features.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a635/what-is-the-application-starting-point-tool.aspx

Unfortunately we do not offer 'mail listing' on our shared hosting environment.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015