WCF Connection Error (TCP 10060)

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by amitk, Mar 28, 2011.

1. I've had my WCF service running for about a year now and for the most part it works great. However, lately I've noticed every once in a while it will through a WCF Exception on the client, failing to connect with the service. It seems to happen when there is a burst of sequential transactions trying to update the database through the service. After a couple of minutes the service timesout and throughs the following error.

Could not connect to http://XXXXX.com/....svc. TCP error code 10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 96.31......

Any ideas would be really appreciated?

Is there any throttling in place at Winhost that the service could be running in to?

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

It sounds like a network problem. First of all, where is the web service residing at and where is it being called. It is an outbound call from the web servers? This this happen all the time or just at a certain time of the day?