User does not have access to the invoked operation

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Tagoso, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Hi there. I have created a very basic application - just to see if I could publish this to Winhost and get it working.
    It essentially consists of one table and one screen.

But what I'm focussing on is creating roles and users.

When the site comes up, I log in ok (forms authentication).
    It opens up the navigation screen and I select Roles.
    If I'm quick, I can create a Role. If I'm slow (>10 secs), I get little red 'X''s on my screen and an error pops. The error depends on what I'm trying to do but always includes "An error occurred running the comand 'Whatever' on property 'whatever'. You session may have timed out. Please restart the application. See below for an example;

An error occurred while running the command 'Refresh' on property 'RolePermission'.
    Error details: User does not have access to the invoked operation. Your session may have timed out. Please restart the application. Operation name: 'RolePermissions_All'.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction? I also published this to my local PC as a desktop application and it works fine. The db is hosted at Winhost. SQL Server 2008 R2, IIS 7.0.

I'm logged in as the user specified as the Application Administrator when the application was deployed. I've also logged in as others with the highest Security privileges. It seems to work for about 10 seconds then throws this error...
    Any advice much appreciated. If you need more info, please ask.
    Regards,

Bryan

2. I forgot to mention - this is a Lightswitch application...

3. I have the same problem, lightswitch desktop application 3-tier with form authentication. The user have permission "Security administrator" but after some second or after one insert I receive "User does not have access to the invoked operation. Your session may have timed out. Please restart the application."
    This error does not occur if I remove authentication from application.

4. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  5. Support reported that my 1 screen, 1 table app was using more than my allocated 100MB of RAM - so the application pool was recycling. They suggested upgrading my plan to get 200MB or using SQL Server Session State management.

So I tried the suggestion of adding a machineKey in to the web.config file and it seems to have fixed the issue!

Will keep and eye on it and might try SQL Server Session State management if more problems crop up - but for now, all is good! Cheers!

6. Nice, glad you got it worked out.