Unable to initialize provider. Missing or incorrect schema

Discussion in 'Databases' started by atr232000, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Hello everyone

I have finally been push to my knees with a error on my site that I can not overcome!!!

I followed this http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/connector-net-tutorials-asp-roles.html to get my vb.net site to connect to my MYSQL database

I hope someone on here can help

I have a asp site that has the built in users configuration built in so users can request forgotten password and change them

Locally (On My Machine) I have install the same version of MySQL and the same connector as my hosting provider.

In my web.config I have one connection string that connects to my hosted mysqlserver.

When I debug the site I can log in to the site and authenticate with the remote database .... yippie i thought

I uploaded my site to the hosting location and now I get the error "Unable to initialize provider. Missing or incorrect schema"

and it is pointing to the local file "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config" on the serving machine.
    They have sent me round and round in circles so i did some digging myself.

It seems that the line added item to my master.config file "autogenerateschema="true"" is not in the server side master.config file.

If i remove it from my local master.config file i get the same error.

I guess the hosters will not add this so does anyone know how to get around this.

I will be forever grateful

thanks

Alan

2. Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015