Trust Level & Other Questions

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Trownt, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Trownt

Trownt Guest

Hi, I am thinking about transferring my sites here but I have a few questions.

* I see that users are able to switch from Medium/Full Trust level, however is there anything that is being blocked or options that we can not change in or web.config?

* Can our applications have full access over the directories underneath the application? (Can my web-site read/write/create/delete files?)

* Currently I use GoDaddy.com which has a major flaw which they keep denying/pushing off to the side as a non-issue. It deals with how their base IIS redirects URLs when a user does not add an ending "/" to the url.

www.avarice-guild.com/test/ <= this works fine.
    www.avarice-guild.com/test <= notice that the parent directories "wowarmory/avarice-guild" are added before the "test" directory.

This is a huge issue that should never ever happen, an I would like confirmation that your hosting does not have this security flaw.

Thanks

2. Ray

Ray

1. There are alot of different elements in the web.config file and they all should be open to the customers because it is there applicaiton. Do you have an specific element in mind?

2. By default, the ASPNet IUSR all ready has full Read/Write permission to your root and all contents and folders under it.

3. All our servers are unning Windows 2008/IIS 7. Microsoft has issue a URL Rewriet Module. That is one of the primary methods we use to setup redirect and rewrite rules. If this module works for you then we should be able to give you what you want.

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/460/using-url-rewrite-module/