Trust Level impact

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by maric01, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Hi,

Yesterday, I have contacted the support for a specific error "SecurityException". I was told to change the trust level to full. It did work but I would like to know the impact of doing that ? Is there pros and cons of putting trust level to full ?

It is like saying : I have full trust in Winhost ;-) ? Wich I have ;-).

If you guys also have links for more information about that.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

3. Thanks for the answer. So if I understand correctly ... allowing website to be in Full trust mode is less secure for your server ?

4. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

it is.. but many apps needs full trust to work properly.

5. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

Using Full Trust is less secure if you are running websites in shared application pool mode. In the past, most shared hosts were running sites in shared application pools (some still are) so they can cram more sites on the same box. So there was guidance back then to use Medium Trust to make sure that their infrastructure was secure. This is why you may have issues running certain apps or controls on some hosts.

However, at Winhost we host each account in their own isolated application pool so even though we allow full trust our hosting is secure.

ComputerMan and Michael like this.