Transferred domain registration but cannot modify DNS entry

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by Steve Harding, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Hello,
    A couple of weeks ago I signed up with Winhost using a new .com domain and got my website running. Next, I transferred domain registration of our existing .org domain from the old hosting company to Winhost. I want to modify the DNS entry to have the .org domain point to the same website as the .com domain. Even though I can now see both domains in my domains list as "Active", only the .com domain has the "Manage" link under the "DNS" column. I have checked the Whois record and the name servers have been changed to the Winhost servers, but I think I still need to change the DNS entry, correct?

upload_2014-3-8_4-42-11.png

Thanks for any help.
    Steve

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Sort of, you do need to get DNS records setup to point this new domain to your existing account but you will not need to add them yourself, instead use the Domain Pointer tool in the Control Panel of your existing Site Account and add this new domain as a Domain Pointer, this will automatically setup the appropriate DNS records to point this new domain to your existing hosting space.

Michael likes this.
  3. I have just tried that and will wait for propagation of DNS changes. Thank you for the assistance.

4. Just out of curiosity, how long should I wait before opening a support ticket? I added the domain pointer Sunday noon and it is now Thursday night.

5. rum

rum Winhost Staff

If it is still not working, please open a support ticket and we will take a look at the issue.