Thanks to Winhost for good communication

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by The Le, Dec 15, 2013.

1. I just migrated my site, HeroClixWorld.com, from Godaddy to Winhost 3 days ago.

My third party monitoring service told me that Winhost went down for about an hour last night. Normally I'd be pretty upset, but today I am not. Why? Because, unlike Godaddy, I was able to come to this forum and see that there was unscheduled maintenance on the server that impacted my site at that time.

I understand that having 24/7 uptime on this many servers isn't an easy task, but all I've ever asked for is honest communication when my site goes down -- and for the first time I've got it.

Normally, I'd call or email Godaddy about it, and their standard response is "I can't duplicate the problem, so one must not exist"... which annoys the dickens out of me. Then I'd ask to talk to higher level tech people and they too would plead ignorance. It usually takes about an hour on the phone for them to confirm an issue on there side (and even that confirmation is rare).

Seeing my site go down is as important to me as knowing why it went down, and for the first time I have some peace of mind.

Communication is vital, so a special thanks goes out to all the fine folks at Winhost.

-The Le, owner HeroClixWorld.com

Elshadriel and Michael like this.
  2. Thanks, The Le! We appreciate the kind words, and we do our best to keep things running smoothly.