Support is lacking

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rick Bales, Feb 12, 2014.

1. I just signed up a few days ago. when I sent a few pre sale emails to ask a few questions, they were answered quickly, so I signed up and I started FTPing my files to the server 2 nites ago, setting up the URL rewrites as well as the settings in my GoDaddy registration account. I set up the URL rewrite exactly as specified in the link supplied in the knowledge base. It works for one site, not for the other.
    I opened a support ticket about 22 hours ago and I have not hear back yet!!

My site is down all this time. That is really disappointing. If there is no phone support, there needs to be some timely way of resolving issues. Im not sure how long it is going to take to get a reply, but everyone knows that when getting support by email it is rarely resolved with the first email, so a few emails at 24 hours apart... has the potential to leave my site or sites down for a long period of time. I will be looking for another hosting solution if this does not get resolved. I have used go daddy before. Their prices are about the same as yours and they offer 24 phone support with very knowledgeable techs. I went with Winhost because you support access databases and they do not, but so far the support is just not acceptable.

I cant even change my url rewrite settings now. When I try to apply setting changes I get the following error
    There was an error while performing this operation
    Details:
    Machine/webroot/apphost/rickbales.com/akousticks/wwwroot
    Error: Cannot write configuration file

Rick

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Hi Rick. Sorry, but we just discovered that our helpdesk hasn't been sending outgoing mail for about two days, which is why you didn't see a response from us. We responded, but the messages were all failing. Support typically turns tickets around in 1 - 4 hours.

We are going to work on resending the messages we can, but that will only be what was put in out "awaiting response" queue. Any ticket that was closed when we sent our response can't be resent.

So it might be a good idea to resubmit your ticket. I know it's a pain, sorry about that.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015