SSL for new NopCommerce site

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Pdesignz, Oct 11, 2012.

1. I just installed Nopcommerce 2.65 and am looking at purchasing an SSL certificate, I was looking at what you offer and the RapidSSL and the GeoTrust certificates. What is the difference between RapidSSL and RapidSSL Wildcard and the differences between GeoTrust certificates. Also what is the difference between RapidSSL and GeoTrust and can you recommend what SSL I should use for my online store.

Thanks

2. RapidSSL and GeoTrust are simply two different brands. Technically, the certificates work the same way regardless of who you buy from.

You can see a list of features for each certificate on the GeoTrust site. Basically, the more expensive the certificate the more thorough the verification process.

3. Thanks Hank, I was originally looking at using the GeoTrust Premium SSL, but then was told if doing ecommerce it is better to go with the GeoTrust BusinessID with EV

Thanks

4. Well I don't want to talk you out of the green address bar! ;)

It's the best cert you can get, that's for sure. But it's quite a process to get it.

5. Thanks Hank, I went ahead with the BusinessID with EV certificate and we are currently going through the verification process and getting all the documents needed in order