Some problems with winhost, need help

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Chirag, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Hello everyone!
    I purchased Winhost for 1 year, this is the first time for using asp hosting. When i trying to create new folder at Application Starting Point but it not allow, a message show for me: Directory path does not exist., what's happen? i don't understand why i can create this folder for my upload source code.
    When i trying login to ftp acc but server not allow too." Can't resolve "ftp.webdonga.com". Network connectivity was detected. Check the spelling of the server name or contact the server administrator."
    when i using linux hosting, it easy for me, but here is the first time using window hosting, i need your help. I want to setup a forum for my community. Example snitz forum. Please help me
    :(:(:(:(:(:(
    So sorry if my english language not good:p

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. rum

rum Winhost Staff

First of all, you need to point DNS of your webdonga.com domain name to Winhost. You can do so by contacting the registrar of webdonga.com domain and setting name servers to:

ns1.Winhost.com
    ns2.Winhost.com
    ns3.Winhost.com

Then you will need to connect to your site with your favorite ftp client and create a folder that you want to convert to application starting point. While your DNS changes are propagating, you can use the Secondary FTP address to upload your files and your alternative URL to view your site. Secondary FTP and URL addresses can be found in your account Control Panel, under Site Info.

After you create a folder on the server, you can convert it to application starting point using The Application Starting Point tool in Control Panel.

3. well, thank for your supported. So, Can i create add-on domain when using Winhost?

4. Ray

Ray

5. The Control Panel App Starting Point tool does not create the directory for you. It has to point to an existing directory. If the directory does not exist you'll get the error you mentioned.