SmarterTool - SmarterTrack - Help Desk.

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by Gofer01, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Gofer01

Gofer01 Amateur Web Application Developer

Can we run SmarterTool SmarterTrack if we had a license? I know that I can run SmarterTrack on a localhost mode on Win 7 or Win 10 IIS web server.

Can we install the program on WinHost IIS web server using Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition? WinHost is running SmarterTrack as there help desk software but most likely they are running in localhost mode

I actually have a 3 agent license for Smartertrack 6.0

[​IMG]

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Yes, you should be able to install SmarterTrack. I don't know the details, but I've seen other customers do it.

3. Gofer01

Gofer01 Amateur Web Application Developer

Well, you have run the web application on a SmarterTools Hosted Service or run the web application on your own I.I.S. web server. and use a cname record to make it part of your domain name like I will be making a cname record for support in this example. support.mydomain.com

[​IMG]
    SmarterTrack can't be run on a shared I.I.S. Web Server

If you purchase the hosted services you will get 5 agents, unlimited SQL database, and the newest Smartertrack updates. So easy to set up. I used my SmarterMail account from WinHost as the POP3 and SMTP servers. I use port 587 for SMTP and 110 for the POP3 port.

I will be using the cname record at the end of this month. While you are using the free trial web app. SmarterTools will not let you make a cname record. Only can do the cname record on the paid subscription of SmarterTrack

https://mswsus.smartertrack.com/

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  4. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

I been able to install SmarterTrack using our shared hosting service. However, I was using the Free license