Server Error in '/' Application

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Captain, Nov 17, 2013.

1. To Whom It May Concern:
    I developed a Website in VWD 2010. It uses ADO.NET Entity Framework and Data Controls. I published the site to IIS7. It is ASP.NET 4, and the DB is SQL Server 2008 R2. I am also using profiles. Locally in my development environment everything works as it should. I should also point out that I am new to Winhost and ASP.NET. I’ll attempt to explain my issue the best I can. Basically, my site allows a user to register. Once a user registers, he/she can create a service request. The user can also log in to check on the status of his/her service request. Here in is where my problem lies. The management part works fine. Users can log in with no problems; however when the user attempts to create a service request (which is supposed to go into a SQL table named Ticket, I get an error. The tickets that I created locally during development are displaying on my admin page(s) on the published site. So I know that I can access my Ticket table (on the published site), and also I can access my TicketUpdate table (on the published site), and insert into it. The difference is that these management pages are not using Entity Data Source Controls. I am thinking it has something to do with my App_Code folder, and/or my connection string, but I really don’t know. I have attached a PDF of the error messages that I am getting. Any help will be much appreciated!

Below are my connection strings in my Web.config file.

<connectionStrings>
    <clear/>
    <addname="AllegitechConnectionString1"connectionString="Data Source=Tcp:s09.Winhost.com; Initial Catalog=DB_62776_allegitech; User ID=DB_62776_allegitech_user; Password=******; Integrated Security=False;"providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
    <addname="AllegitechEntities"connectionString="metadata=res://*/App_Code.Allegitech.csdl|res://*/App_Code.Allegitech.ssdl|res://*/App_Code.Allegitech.msl;provider=System.Data.SqlClient;provider connection string=&quot; Data Source=Tcp:s09.Winhost.com; Initial Catalog=DB_62776_aspnetdb;User Id=DB_62776_aspnetdb_user;Password=******;Integrated Security=False;multipleactiveresultsets=True&quot;"providerName="System.Data.EntityClient"/>
    <addname="LocalSqlServer"connectionString="Data Source=tcp:s09.Winhost.com; Initial Catalog=DB_62776_ASPNETDB; User ID=DB_62776_ASPNETDB_User; Password=******; Integrated Security=False;"providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
    </connectionStrings>

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. It sounds like parts of your published site are using the wrong connection strings.

Try putting a test “dbo.Ticket” table in your DB_62776_ASPNETDB DB, if a user is then able to submit a ticket then you know that your site is trying to insert into “DB_62776_ASPNETDB” instead of “DB_62776_allegitech”.

ComputerMan and Michael like this.
  3. Patrick,

Thanks very much! You made a light bulb go off. I just had to get the right DB in the right string.

patrickcasey and Michael like this.