Send/Receive mail via Yahoo Mail

Discussion in 'Email' started by chrissyroshak, Oct 25, 2011.

1. I am trying to receive mail from my account via Yahoo web based mail. I KNOW that I am using the correct pop3 information because I also tried the same pop3 information, username, and password with Outlook, and it worked perfectly - except it's a hassle to use two different e-mail programs. I prefer to use the Yahoo interface, and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong in Yahoo. Please help.

2. Clarification

I actually get an error message when I try to "add a new address" in yahoo to check this email. it says "unable to send verification email. please try again"

i've tried about a million times, and i don't know how to get it to work, nor what i am doing wrong. argh!!!

3. When you setup your mail to use in Yahoo, make sure the option box to use SSL certificate, override port setting are not checked.

Try also to add Yahoo mail domain(@yahoo) as trusted sender in Smartermail interface

4. still no luck

both of those are unchecked, and I added both "@yahoo" and "@yahoo.com" to the trusted sites as suggested, and still no luck. I still get a msg saying it can't send the verification e-mail and to try again. so frustrating!!

5. Yahoo might be trying to fight spam (?) by not allowing their interface be used with domain that is not carrying SPF/DKIM record.

I will try to look into this further and let you know.

6. Thank you, I appreciate it! I hope it's something that can be resolved - I'd really like to be able to check my e-mail there!

7. update : Added SPF and DKIM to my tests account and tried to send the verification email again. still fails. Looks like their system unable to send out the verification mail for some reason. This seems to be an ongoing issue on their end
    http://www.ymailblog.com/

8. Thank you for the update!! I will try to find a solution on their end!

Chrissy