Secondary Mail Url

Discussion in 'Email' started by Xinbi, May 26, 2010.

1. There's secondary ftp and web urls... Is there a secondary mail url? so I can get to SmarterMail and setup email accounts before the DNS finally updates?

2. Ray

Ray

Actually yes there is. I'm not going to know what your mail server is, so you'll need to go log into your control panel. Click on the tab Domains. You will see a link that should be under the column DNS. This will take you to your zone record. Look for the section that reads MX. Your domain name will point to either m01.internetmailserver.net or m02.internetmailserver.net. Use that to type in the browsers address bar and you can access your webmail that way.

An easier way it to log into the control panel, and click on the tab Sites. Find the link labeled Manage to access your Site Info Manager page. Go to the button mark Email to go to the Email Management of the control panel. You should see a link in blue that reads SmarterMail Manager. Click on it and it will automatically log you in with the admin account for your email which is the postmaster account.

3. Thanx. That worked. Ironically the DNS server was updated just after I got everything setup.