Schedule Task Manager

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by RockLobster, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Hi,

I am wondering if anyone know how to run a scheduled task on a domain pointer or a subdomain?

From what I can see, they only can run on the site that was set up for the account?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Curtis

2. Curtis, you're correct, only the root domain or subdirectories can have a scheduled task. I'm not sure if there's a technical reason for that limitation, or if they were just trying to make the interface easier by adding the domain dropdown to the first part of the path. I'll try to find out.

3. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

The domain pointer and subdomain name pretty much point to the same hosting space as the main domain name. So you can use the scheduled task to make the call to the subdomain name's web site.

For example.

Lets say my domain name is called MyMainDomain.com

And I have a subdomain name called: MySub.MyMainDomain.com

My subdomain name's web site lives in a subdirectory called /mysub

So basically I can call it by MyMainDomain.com/mysub in the schedule task manager.

Same thing goes for the domain pointer. Domain pointers and Subdomain names act the same way. By default they both point to the root directory of the site account.

Elshadriel and Michael like this.