Running a requestless process.

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by cruzfg, Apr 27, 2010.

1. I'm currently not a customer, but I like what I see when I look at what you offer. I'm wondering if you have a way for me to run (host) a process that does polling against a REST service and populates a database.

This would be something a kin to a Windows Service. I'm interested in hosting a process that can do this. Which also has a db component and a web app for the user to look at their data.

This process could run on IIS but it's a risky way to do it and thus I would prefer not to do it this way. It would be an unreliable implementation.

Let me know.

2. Ray

Ray

No, I'm afraid we will not be able to support this. What you are looking to do is to install a service directly on the server and have your web application access and utilize it. Bear in mind that this is a shared hosting server, and I can think of no shared hosting server that will support this. If you need this feature, you're going to have to look at purchasing a dedicated hosting server. This means that they will dedicate the entire server to you and no other account will exist in it. Then you can do what ever you want to the server.

3. I realize that...

I realize this, one would think that shared envs would provision for something like this since getting an entire server is a bit heavy handed for the way the process works. Thank you for your help

I like what you guys are doing, wish I didn't have to have this process running also. :)