Problems with DNS / Main URL

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by Grant, Nov 12, 2014.

1. So I registered my domains with godaddy, but unlocked them and (I thought) moved them to Winhost.. I was told it would take a few days before the change took effect, but its been over two weeks and I still cannot connect to my primary FTP. Is this a known issue? How can I proceed to ensure that my domains go through?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Here is a picture that shows that my domains are supposedly active and registered with Winhost. I can share specific information with a Winhost employee if that helps the process along.

Attached Files:

3. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

If your domain name is "Active" under our "Domains Registered Through Winhost" section. It's a good chance your domain name isn't using our name servers/DNS service.

Click on "View/Edit" under the whois record section next to the domain name.

On the next page scroll all the way down until your see "Name Servers"

Change the name servers to the following name servers and click on "Update".

NS1.Winhost.COM
    NS2.Winhost.COM
    NS3.Winhost.COM

Then your domain name will start using our DNS service and the domain name will point to our hosting environment.

Once you have made the change please allow 24 - 48 hours for the update to be completed. However, it should only take about 1 - 3 hours to fully update.

Elshadriel and Grant like this.
  4. Perfect, thank you for the response. This was my issue 100%.

Elshadriel and ComputerMan like this.