Problem with website since a couple of weeks

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by maric01, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Hi

I seems to have problem since a couple weeks with my web application (Hosted on Ultimate Plan)

For some reason, after using the application for some time,combobox and gridview start to be empty. It's look like it's fetching for data but nothing happen ... data never come back. They are all filled with StoredProc (SqlDataSource).

When I go do a application pool recycle, web application work again.

If application pool is full, why it's not doing an auto recycle (if it'S the problem) ?
    What are the best practice for keeping an application pool not too full ?
    Do SQLDatasource have an impact on the Application Pool memory ?
    How Application Pool work ? It is one 300mb for all the user combined ?
    Is 300mb too small for a web application with sqlserver data access ?

Thanks

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

You can open up a support ticket to have us check the Event Logs for you. Your application pool will be recycled under the following conditions:

1) Exceeds CPU usage of 75% or greater over 300 seconds (5 minutes) on IIS7. CPU usage is throttled on IIS8 so you may experience some latency.
    2) Exceeds Idle Timeout of 20 minutes.
    3) Exceeds the 300 MB memory limit (Ultimate plan) for your site account.

It's possible that your application pool crashed.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    maric01 likes this.
  3. Hi Elshadriel,

Well, I did some more research on the problem and find out that when it was not working on the system at the sport complex A, at the exact same time, it was working at another sports complex B (not on same network)
    (Exact same operation, exact same page). I was also testing from home and it was working too.

I will open a ticket but since I'm confused here ... it's not 1 application pool of 300mb for each user accessing the website ? It would not make any sense ... ??? It's 1 application pool for the entire webapp isn't ?
    It is possible that 1 session get jamed ?

Thanks for the help !

Richard (sorry for the poor English ... not my first language)

4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Hi Richard,

It's just 1 application pool for your entire site.