Problem Sending Email on my local PC

Discussion in 'Email' started by eric, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Hi, I am testing sending bulk email function on my local pc. everything is right and I can send out a couple of mails but will fail for the rest a while after.

I understand the limit of 1,000 mails per hour and 5,000 mails per day. I did a test see how long it will take me when sending out 100 emails.

I did a loop in my coding to send out a email to my gmail for 100 times, it worked for first 25 and got one failed, then send out another 50 then all rest of mails shoud be another around 30 all failed one by one. after waiting for a while (like 10 mins) then I can send out successfully again, but will fail all rest mails when reach a certain point.

I am woundering if there is any restriction when sending email on exteral IPs (eg. my local PC) other than Winhost ones? If not what possiably was the problem causing this?

Will do more tests on my real Winhost server to see if it make any difference once I got some time.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. rum

rum Winhost Staff

How sending emails fails? Are you getting email bounced back?

3. Hi Rum,

Thank you for replying.

I am using Try & Catch(Exception ex) to catch the failure and print out ex.Message. It was saying "Failed to send Email" nothing more specific.

Emails are not likely been bounced as I send all emails into same email box which is my Gmail and I can receive these successful ones.

I did another test and sent out 800 emails without geting any failure but then the same "Failed to send Email" comes out again. Hours later (about 17 hours) I tried again to send out 10 emails, but all failed. Ping SMTP server succeed.

My question is if I send out more than 1000 emails within an hour which over the limit, what will happen? Will it lock my email service for one hour or for longer as my case was 17 hours later?

Thank you for your help.

Eric

4. Ray

Ray

Can you post up some sample codes to this thread? What email server are you using?