One site multiple domains

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by MartinPD, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Hello,

This might be old and boring question, but I tried numerous things, found bunch of threads here and in other places as well, tried them all and still no joy for me.

So here is my situation:

I have 1 site here(max) and I want to host few domains on it.
    My domain names lets say are:
    www.myfirstdomain.com
    www.myseconddomain.com
    www.mythirddomain.com

Now on my Site, I have this folder structure:
    /
    /site1
    /site2
    /site3

/ - root is basically empty and I would like to keep it that way if possible. In root i have a web.config which contains url rewrite rules

/site1 - its a wordpress 1-click install
    /site2 - same as above
    /site3 - mvc4 / signalR custom app

Now this whole situation should behave as such:

when I type in www.myfirstdomain.com - I want to reach application which is in /site1.
    Obviously I don't want to see www.myfirstdomain.com/site1, but only www.myfirstdomain.com.

Second scenario:
    when i type in www.myseconddomian.com I want to hit application in /site2, and again I dont want to see www.myseconddomain.com/site2 or www.myfirstdomain.com/site2 - which is happening now for me, but I want to see www.myseconddomain.com.

Like I mentioned above, tried bunch of different things with url rewrite and cant figure this out. Either first site behaves like it suppose to and then site2 doesnt vice-versa etc.

I must be doing smthg wrong. Is it even possible with single hosting site ? Is wordpress maybe doing smthg that overwrites my url rewrite rules?

Can anyone please shed some light on it for me? Anyone done that before ? How?

I would really appreciate any help,

Thanks,