nopCommerce install default database

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by RobbSadler, May 10, 2012.

1. I have a simple question. The 3rd party install for nopCommerce states that it will overwrite the tables in my database.

I have two databases created for this site. One is active and the other is the one that I wish to have nopCommerce use. Will I be able to select the databse, or is it gong to take the first one it sees?

Thanks!

2. It will only overwrite tables with the same names. So if you had a previous or downloaded version of nopCommerce installed, that warning is letting you know the existing data will be overwritten.

3. Thanks for the reply.

There is no current nopCommerce database installed, however, the are two databases created. One is empty and named xxx_nopCommerce, another database is in use. It has some fairly generic table names like Addresses, Entities, PhoneNumbers, etc.

My concern is that I cannot direct the install to use the database I have created for it. Maybe I have to just do an install from my local copy of nopCommerce. I was hoping someone would know if the installation would ask me to specify which DB to use.

Thanks again...