nopcommerce app error

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by mcastilloz, Dec 6, 2010.

1. anybody fix this error??? (nopcommerce app)

I published in other hosting(into discountasp.net) I've no errors, but I don't to change provider before to ask, thank you.

Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

2. Ray

Ray

Did you read this kb article concerning this error?

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a813/parser-error-message-connection-name-localsqlserver.aspx

If you are new to coding this can be a daunting task as you read through the code so try this as another solution.

First connect to the Winhost server using IIS 7 Manager.

http://support.Winhost.com/KB/a628/using-the-microsoft-iis-70-manager.aspx

Once connected using IIS 7 Manager look for the icon/module that has the label Connection Strings. If you double click on it you can add the connection string name "LocalSQLServer". If it is already there click on the Edit link on the right hand side and update the connection string name to point to your database. Many people get confused because they already have a connection string name. Don't worry about that, having two connection string names pointing to the same database shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Ii7

Hi Ray, I did everything I did my config I change the connectionstring on II7, but still doen't work, same application I published on discountasp.net and works perfect. I really appreciate your help.

4. Ray

Ray

Do you have a URL we can look at?

5. Iis7

I create this settings and is working now!!!
    please see the attachment,

Attached Files:

6. Ray

Ray

So you went through IIS 7 Manager just as I suggested. This also could have worked by going directly to the applications web.config file and coding it. Remember, anything you change in IIS 7 Manager is actually coded in the web.config file. All the IIS 7 Modules/buttons you see is directly connected to the web.config file. That is how Microsoft designed it. However, sometimes I have seen the settings you set on IIS 7 Manager doesn't take into affect right away. Sometimes you have to recycle the application pool and other times you need to delete the setting and then add it back for it to completely write to the web.config file. Infact if you look at your web.config file you uploaded to the web server you will see the entry for LocalSQLServer. As I stated this is how Microsoft designed this tool. Now remember, every time you upload a new web.config file it will override the web.config file on the web server. So the settings you just set can be lost. Obviously this makes sense right? So what ever new web.config file you upload make sure it has the line of code typed within it or else you will see this error again.