Nop commerce install error

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Gaetano Riva, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Hi,
    I would like to install nop commerce 3.10.
    So I selected from the app installer. all ok.
    But when I opened the site on the installation page of nop commerce gives me error creating the database. A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while Establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server).
    I entered the server name as the one shown on the site manager.

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Make sure you're entering the database server information and not the web server:

1) Log into the Winhost Control Panel at https://cp.Winhost.com
    2) Click on the Sites tab.
    3) Click on the Manage link next to the site you want to manage.
    4) Click on the MS SQL Manager button.
    5) Click on the Manage link next to the database you want to manage.

Your connection information will be on this page.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Hi,
    I would like to install nop commerce 3.10.
    So I selected from the app installer. all ok.
    I have configured the database and I set the parameters of the database on the installation page but after a while the page will stop charging.
    If i try again to load the site, nop commerce works but there are no sample data and can not log in with the administrator account.

4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

What plan are you on? You really need to be on the Ultimate plan to run nopCommerce effectively since version 2.60. It consumes a lot more memory than before. Versions below 2.0 can run on the Basic plan.