Need end to end steps on how to get a contact form content sent to my e mail

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by btintraco, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Hi guys,

I am new to web development and I am ready to learn. I have just managed to build a site using dreamweaver. the language is ASP VB and I also use SQL 2005 all hosted on Winhost.

I need someone to help me with an end to end steps on how to get a contact form content sent to my e mail though the host mail server. Please keep in mind am a novice.

Your earliest responses will be most appreciated.

Best regards,

BT Intraco

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Ray

Ray

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Thanks for your prompt response. I have checked out the code but like I said I need a step by step instruction. Do i create the form on the same page ? and How do i link the form to this code to make it work.

Regards.

4. Ray

Ray

Thats hard to say since I myself do not know how your web pages are setup. Typically simplicity states you put it in the same page, but if your forms are already passing values, then this page may need to be on a separate location. Unfortunately no forum can give you step by step instructions on how and what to code, and where to code. Something like that you will need an actual person looking at your code directly. If this is large part of your business function then you may want to hire the services of a web programmer. But if you are just learning and don't mind other people seeing your codes (and lets not forget your email address and email password) then post it on this thread and we'll all go through it.