MySQL and .NET permissions issue

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Roverman, Oct 23, 2012.

  1. Here is one of the errors:

    Every DB transaction throws the same permission denied error.

    Here is the connection string:

    Where the actual password and user id are supplied.

    Here's the odd thing, I'm using log4net posting debug info to the MySQL database using the same connection string.

    Any thoughts?
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. After a couple hours of debugging I discovered that not ALL database transactions were throwing this permission error. Some procedures were working just fine. I discovered why.

    This is my "d'oh!" moment.

    The procedures that were failing had the table name prepended by the database name. For example... "mydatabase.visitor" where "mydatabase" is the database name and "visitor" is the table name. This is something I don;t do when manually writing procedures but I am using TOAD for MySQL and it *does*.

    The database name differs between development and the Winhost MySQL db server.

    I removed the database name from the procedures and everything works just fine now.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Glad you worked it out. Sometimes we don't see the forest for the trees. ;) Happens to everyone.

Share This Page