MVC4 Configuration error

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by arthurti, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Hello my friends, today im trying to publish a simple MVC4 site but im getting this error...
    Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: web.config Line: 9

my asp net version is set to 4, on my mvc4 project the target framework is set to 4 too .-. someone can help me??

2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

What happens when you run your web application locally on your computer? Do you not get the same error message?

The error means that you have something wrong in your web.config file. Most likely something related to the targetFramework section in your web.config. Can you copy and paste your web.config file and censor out the sensitive information on your next reply.

Do you have your application pool running on 4.0? You can check this in the control panel under "Site Tools" and then click on "ASP.NET Version" and select the 4.0 ASP.NET framework.

3. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

If you're using the .NET 4.5 Framework, you'll need to move your account from Windows 2008/IIS7 to Windows 2012/IIS8. You can open up a support ticket for this.

4. @computerman
    when i run the app on my local computer i dont have this problem, my application pool is 4... sorry but now im at work and dont have the webconfig here to post...

@Elshadriel
    ill open this ticket because i wanna use the .net 4.5 framework, thankyou