MVC Deployment

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by ccosborn, Jun 10, 2011.

1. I have a MVC3 website that runs locally and is attached to the Winhost database. I am able to run WAT and see my roles/security and I have IIS7 connected to website as well. Web deploy goes without a hiccup.

When I deploy (www.apaicorp.com) and try to go to the Logon link I get an exception with the "HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
    The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid."

Any ideas? What other changes have to be done to the web.config file?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Looks like its working.

3. Did you try to Logon?

4. Ray

Ray

The log on page redirects to a folder Account. Where is that on your root?

5. Under Views (int the root) -- Views BTW is where the second web.config is located.

6. ASP.NET Forums had this to say:

"This is due to the fact that the ASP.NET MVC is not installed properly on the server. Additionally, please make sure you check your ASP.NET version set on your IIS Application pool"

"I would suggest check the file permissions and application pool. MVC requires integrated mode pool to work with other than classic."

7. MVC Exception

I am trying to deploy a VS MVC3 project created from a template. The only changes I made to the files was to change the connection string to the Winhost database.

www.apaicorp.com loads fine. But when you try to log in you get an exception.

ASP.NET forums have offered:
    "This is due to the fact that the ASP.NET MVC is not installed properly on the server. Additionally, please make sure you check your ASP.NET version set on your IIS Application pool

I would suggest check the file permissions and application pool. MVC requires integrated mode pool to work with other than classic."

These guys know more than I do. What are they talking about?

8. Viewing Application Pools

Anyone know how to look at the application pools in IIS7?

"Expand the server control and select the Application Pool"

If they are talking about the vertical pane on the Left, no amount of expanding ever reveals an application pool.

9. Go read "StarterSite Deployment with Gun and Camera".

I changed hosts and all of the template projects that would not run on Winhost work at another host.

Case closed from my side.