MVC 4 Support

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by mmrcpv, Jul 24, 2012.

1. I was reading the comparison of hosting plans and realized that Winhost doesn't support yet the ultimate version of MVC.

When it will be available for us ? I've already started my application and i dont want to back to MVC 3, and I need to schedule my tasks according this support.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

You bin deploy mvc so you can use mvc4 version that is out right now. We don't list it as "supported" on our site since its still in beta. We'll list it when its officially released.

3. I think the .net framework 4.5 its in the same condition, right ?

Looking at the control panel, we just have up to version 4.

thanks !

4. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

That's right. We don't have .net 4.5 on the server right now - since it's not officially released.

5. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

Yes, we saw those announcements. We are working on getting prepared to support these new stuff as soon as we can.

6. @curtis,
    Any updates on 4.5? I'd like to build and publish a WebAPI project which requires MVC4 and .NET 4.5. Thanks!

7. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

we are still working on the rollout of .net 4.5. it will be here soon within weeks - not months.

8. ASP.NET MVC 4 Support

Is there any update on this?

Just to be clear -- Winhost customers can build against MVC 4 from .NET 4.0, but not for .NET 4.5. Is that the case?

I'm looking to update my site now that VS2012 is officially out, and am wondering if it's going to be able to run on your severs after I do so.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  9. We expect to launch .NET 4.5/IIS 8 this week, so you may want to hold off on the update for a few days.

10. Cheers Hank. I'll do that. Looking forward to it -- I'm hopeful that the async stuff in 4.5 will really help with throughput and latency.

Where would be the best place to check when this is available? Will you update this thread?

Thanks,

Drew.

11. I don't know if we'll get around to this specific thread, but we'll have an announcement in the announcement forum and a post on the blog (and Twitter, Facebook, Google+, etc.).

It will be hard to avoid our announcement. ;)

12. Looks like this was all released. Thank you!