Multiple Domains, But...

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by Daniel Wojcik, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Another move from Arvixe...y'all are sending Thank You notes to EIG, right?

Anyway, here's what I have, and need to do:

A site on Arvixe (MojoPortal), and some emails hosted elsewhere, which I'd like to move.

The MojoPortal site is an easy move, along with the associated email accounts. I don't expect many problems with that part, since I'm just changing everything to point to the new host.

However, can I point three other domains to the root of my new Winhost site? NOT subdirectories. There is no longer any web content for those sites, but I need to keep the email accounts.

All the sites are registered with PairNic, and I can edit the heck out of the DNS & MX records, so theoretically that's no problem, right?

So...will email sent to [email protected] will be delivered to [email protected]? Yes? What about mail sent from [email protected]? Will that still work? Can I ever have the From: address be the old site? Or just the ReplyTo:? What would I need to do to make it work, if not?

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

No, I'm afraid that won't work. We only provide (physical) email mailboxes for the primary domain name on each site account.