Moving from GoDaddy

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by rg2solutions, Jul 29, 2010.

1. 1) I have 2 websites on GD and have had it with them. I registered my domains with GD too so what issues will I have to deal with if I move my hosting to Winhost regarding DNS pointers for web, mail, etc?

2) Please tell me I don't have to jump through a bunch of hoops just to get legitimate smtp mail to send from my asp.net app.

3) How do you handle spammers as customers (Hopefully ban them to the depths of the earth)? You see, a spammer has spoofed my email address and is sending out spam using that email - so I get a ton of bounce-backs to my inbox. GD walked me through adding an SPF (DNS) entry. Why do you think that didn't work? Yeah, the spammer is running off of GD servers so the SPF is worthless. But GD says sorry - that happens. Not to me anymore!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. You won't have any issues moving here. Just change the name servers for the domain and all your services will move to us and away from GoDaddy.

We remove spammers as soon as we are made aware of them. But one of the reasons your SPF record may have been ineffective is because SPF isn't universally adopted. Some mail servers take action based on SPF, some don't. But the record certainly helps for those servers that do take it into account.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I know that yahoo doesn't recognize SPF but hotmail (from what I understand) does. And they still made it through hotmail servers. I would get bounce-backs if the email wasn't valid anymore.