machine.config and ASPNETDB

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Herna, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Why does my ASPNETDB file on the Parallels Plesk Panel keep on giving the following error (figure 1), after I have logged in, when in fact the machine.config at line 238 is as indicated in figure 2. Which machine.config does the ASPNETDB actually read? When I run the same application from my computer using the same database on Plesk, it works perfectly.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
    Parser Error Message: The connection name 'LocalSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.
    Source Error:

Line 236: <membership>
    Line 237: <providers>
    Line 238: <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true" applicationName="/" requiresUniqueEmail="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredPasswordLength="7" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="1" passwordAttemptWindow="10" passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""/>
    Line 239: </providers>
    Line 240: </membership>
    Source File: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config Line: 238

Figure 1

236 <system.web>
    237 <processModel autoConfig="true"/>
    238 <httpHandlers/>
    240 <membership>

Figure 2

2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

Are you referring to webhosting with Winhost? We do not use Parallels Plesk panel.

3. Maybe you should ask that question on a Parallels forum.

We don't use a pre-packaged Control Panel, so we don't really have any insight into potential problems with them.