HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by longmatch, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Hi,
    I published a new website (ASP.NET 3.5) and all the pages work find in my development machine. However, most pages are not accessible on the server with the error below:
    HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
    The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

I do not know why. Please advise.

Thanks

2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Are the files really there when you connect to your site via FTP?

Make sure that you have uploaded all of your web site files.

How did you upload your site to our web servers?

3. Yes, FTP was used and all the files were uploaded!

Thank you for your helps. I used FTP of Dreamweaver to upload all the website files to your server. I just checked the files on the server. Everything are there.
    What do I need to do? By the way I am still using ASP.NET 3.5.

4. Just let you know that I used the same FTP method to upload this site to another server. The website works just fine.

5. Can anybody from Winhost take a look at this problem? I have tried many different ways, cannot get it fixed. Please help. Can you take a look at your IIS log to see what is going on? Thanks

6. ComputerMan

I saw your direct message. You're getting a custom error message on the page you're trying to call on. Go into your web.config file on the root and change the custom error message to "Off". This will give you the real error message that will help you resolve your problem. Or provide us with the real error message on your next reply.

7. Here is the error message after changing custom error message to "Off" in web.config file. I tried some solutions but none of them worked. I uploaded this website to another webserver, it works fine. I do not know why it did not work on your server. Please advise.

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Required permissions cannot be acquired.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Security.Policy.PolicyException: Required permissions cannot be acquired.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[PolicyException: Required permissions cannot be acquired.]
    System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evidence evidence, PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset, PermissionSet& denied, Boolean checkExecutionPermission) +7610179
    System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evidence evidence, PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset, PermissionSet& denied, Int32& securitySpecialFlags, Boolean checkExecutionPermission) +57

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Infragistics35.WebUI.UltraWebListbar.v10.3, Version=10.3.20103.2134, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
    System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
    System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +43
    System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +127
    System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +142
    System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +28
    System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +46

[ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'Infragistics35.WebUI.UltraWebListbar.v10.3, Version=10.3.20103.2134, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7dd5c3163f2cd0cb' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
    System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +613
    System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +203
    System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +105
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +178
    System.Web.Compilation.WebDirectoryBatchCompiler..ctor(VirtualDirectory vdir) +163
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BatchCompileWebDirectoryInternal(VirtualDirectory vdir, Boolean ignoreErrors) +53
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.BatchCompileWebDirectory(VirtualDirectory vdir, VirtualPath virtualDir, Boolean ignoreErrors) +175
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath) +86
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +261
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +101
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +126
    System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +62
    System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +33
    System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String virtualPath, String path) +37
    System.Web.MaterializeHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +307
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.6400; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.6387

8. ComputerMan

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  9. Thanks. It works now.

10. ComputerMan

Glad to hear you resolved your problem.