How to publish my site to WinHost server

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by condado, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Hello,

I created my site using both MS Expression Web and Visual Web Developer Express. But I created it as a web site (not as a project)---so I believe I'm not able to use Web Deploy in VWDE to publish to Winhost.

However, I see in my Expression Web 4.0 that the "option to publish" is not greyed out (unlike VWDE, I did pay money for Expression Web;). Can I use Expression Web to successfully upload my site files to Winhost and get them online? Or is there a different (and better) approach I should take to accomplish this?

Thanks,
    Matt

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. curtis

curtis Winhost Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  3. Thank you Curtis...I saw the KB article on VS, but missed that one. I'm sure that will work for me now.

One more quesion - once a site is active, is there a way to temporarily make it inactive (ie take if offline)? Thanks.

4. Ray

Ray

You can always setup a temporary 302 redirect stating that the site is under construction. Other wise you will need to open a ticket to our support to have them manually stop your IIS website on the server. But when you need it up, you can't do it on your own, one of the support staff who has server access will have to do it for you. I suggest you stick with the redirect since you will get more control out of it.

5. Ok thank you.