Guarantee Against Holding Domain Hostage

Discussion in 'Pre-sales questions' started by szuranski, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Here is my dilemma. I currently have two domains hosted at http://www.bizhostnet.com/. If you visit the link you will see their site is offline. If you send an email you will not get a reply. If you call the contact phone numbers you will see they are disconnected. This started sometime on Thursday. At this point I am going to assume they have shut down operations.

Fortunately one domain is not managed by them so I am going to transfer it shortly. The other one is registered through them at http://www.publicdomainregistry.com/. My name and address is correct on the whois record but the phone number and email is to bizhostnet’s. Being that I don’t have access to my site’s control panel to update the dns record my one domain is in limbo. I have tried contacting publicdomainregistry.com but 48 hours later I still have not received a response. So much for their claims of 24/7 customer service. I am not sure what my next move is going to be.

I have a website and domain through Winhost already and I am happy with the service but this whole fiasco has me thinking. What will happen if I register through Winhost and one day you decide to cease operations without any notice. What kind of guarantee or assurance can you give me this won’t happen?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Well it looks like they are back online. I am still leaving them because a four day service outage in totally unacceptable.

3. Well, we're a successful, growing company with almost 40 employees. Not a one or two man shop, as a lot of online businesses are (not that there's anything wrong with a small shop, just making a point).

As for guaranteeing that we will never go out of business, I'm not sure what to say to that. I don't think any business in the world could make such a guarantee.

But I can tell you that the people who run this company have been in the web hosting business for a long time, longer than most. And they are not the type of people to close the doors and unplug the servers without making sure everyone was taken care of. That simply wouldn't happen. That I can guarantee with a great deal of confidence.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    ComputerMan likes this.
  4. I am with exactly the same situation with CrazyDomains.com.au - off the air since Thursday and Still off the Air tonight at 11pm Australian Eastern Time
    I am look at Winhost as possibly being a reliable host that I will switch to (with all my clients)
    Can any current user verify this please ?

5. I did end up moving my domain to Winhost after a month of b.s. trying to get control of it from my previous host. I had another domain hosted here for about two years now also. I have had no problems although my website has low traffic and doesn't use any databases. I haven't had any issues that needed help from them but between the forums and their Facebook page it looks like they respond as soon as they can. So far I am happy with them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    Michael likes this.