Google e-mail still not working

Discussion in 'Email' started by savingcase, Feb 7, 2011.

1. I have followed all the steps noted in the post about setting up google mail: http://forum.Winhost.com/showthread.php?t=225.

However, it is still not working. Going to my mail site - mail.savingcase.com just gives me the message "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage." I am pretty new to this, so I'm not able to do a lot of high level coding, but I have been researching and trying to figure this out for several days without any solution, so any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. I tried out your URL and it's actually working just fine and displaying the Google Email page. Can you please try it again? Maybe it was a DNS caching problem?

3. I cleared the DNS cache. I also tried the site on firefox, which did actually open the google mail start page, but then once I entered my logon, it took me to an error message of:

The page isn't redirecting properly
    Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Any ideas?

4. Ray

Ray

Try performing a ping test to mail.savingcase.com and it should resolve to IP address 74.125.53.121. Unfortunately this is no longer Winhost servers, this is Google's. If you are having problems logging into their email interface you may need to contact them.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  5. The CNAME is definitely pointing to Google:
    $ nslookup mail.savingcase.com
    Non-authoritative answer:
    mail.savingcase.com canonical name = ghs.google.com.
    ghs.google.com canonical name = ghs.l.google.com.
    Name: ghs.l.google.com
    Address: 74.125.53.121​
    You might try flushing the DNS cache on your computer:

Start > Run > cmd
    type: ipconfig /flushdns
    Hit Enter.