google calendar api

Discussion in 'Third-party applications' started by dpcolgan, Mar 19, 2010.

1. dpcolgan

dpcolgan .net Programmer

Hi everyone. I have already looked at the "trust" issue kb articles and followed what little advise is there... can anyone give any suggestions on why I'm getting the following:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Net.WebPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
    System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
    System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +58
    System.Net.HttpWebRequest..ctor(Uri uri, ServicePoint servicePoint) +147
    System.Net.HttpRequestCreator.Create(Uri Uri) +26
    System.Net.WebRequest.Create(Uri requestUri, Boolean useUriBase) +216
    System.Net.WebRequest.Create(Uri requestUri) +31
    Google.GData.Client.GDataRequest.EnsureWebRequest() +77
    Google.GData.Client.GDataGAuthRequest.EnsureWebRequest() +26
    Google.GData.Client.GDataRequest.Execute() +42
    Google.GData.Client.GDataGAuthRequest.Execute(Int32 retryCounter) +435
    Google.GData.Client.GDataGAuthRequest.Execute() +10
    Google.GData.Client.Service.Query(Uri queryUri, DateTime ifModifiedSince, String etag, Int64& contentLength) +193
    Google.GData.Client.Service.Query(FeedQuery feedQuery) +201
    Google.GData.Calendar.CalendarService.Query(EventQuery feedQuery) +5
    DCHS_VP.p_SiteMaster.FillEvents(Object sender, EventArgs e) in p_SiteMaster.vb:27
    DCHS_VP.p_SiteMaster.LoadME(Object sender, EventArgs e) in p_SiteMaster.vb:89
    DCHS_Web.Site1.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in Site1.Master.vb:19
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6785
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
    ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +37
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

2. Ray

Ray

I have seen that the trust level settings do not fully implement. Often times I've seen this happen when you alter the trust level within the IIS 7 Manager.

Try accessing the FTP site and go directly to the applications web.config file. Remember, if you have multiple .Net applications running they will each have there own web.config file so make sure you are pulling up the right one.

Make the changes directly to the web.config file via FTP. Make sure it is saved and close out your FTP.

Sometimes you may need to upload a new version of the web.config file with the correct trust level settings to have the changes fully integrate to the account.

3. dpcolgan

dpcolgan .net Programmer

Ray. I've already done each of these things you suggest. I have changed the trust level in the web.config. I have uploaded the changes via FTP and verified that the web.config reflects the change. NEXT?

4. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

and what error are you getting now?

5. fixed my issue

I was having the same problem however my issue was with the Google GData API. This post fixed my problem. Thanks!