FTP

Discussion in 'FTP' started by Cletus, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Please which directory would i specify on the Directory TextBox via FTP Site using Visual Studio 2010

am stock here i need urgent help

2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    Michael likes this.
  3. Thank you.

4. Please after uploading your site through FTP and enabling it through Application Starting Tool and it pop-up a successful message.

Please what is the next step?

Please treat as a matter of urgency.

5. If you're getting error messages or having a problem making something work, provide specific information (or URLs) and we can try to help.

6. These are the Error Messages am having went i try to access my site via www.csproject-topics.com

Server Error in '/' Application.

The AdRotator AdRotator1 could not find the AdvertisementFile or the file is invalid.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The AdRotator AdRotator1 could not find the AdvertisementFile or the file is invalid.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The AdRotator AdRotator1 could not find the AdvertisementFile or the file is invalid.]
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.AdRotator.GetFileData(String fileName) +498
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.AdRotator.PerformAdFileBinding() +65
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.AdRotator.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +75
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +103
    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

7. ComputerMan

Are you using parent paths?

8. I have corrected that error locally on visual studio 2010, i want to drop that site prompting error and upload it all over again but
    the Recycle App. Pool seems not working

what else should i do

I have 3months on my hosting plan, i really need an urgent help please

Server Name: w08.Winhost.com
    URL www.csproject-topics.com

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  9. This is my code the corrected one its working fine locally:

<asp:AdRotator ID="AdRotatorHeader" runat="server" KeywordFilter="Header"
    OnAdCreated="AdRotatorHeader_AdCreated" Target="_blank" DataSourceID="XmlDataSourceAd"/>
    <asp:Label ID="LabelHeaderScript" runat="server" Visible="False"></asp:Label>
    <asp:XmlDataSource ID="XmlDataSourceAd" runat="server"
    DataFile="~/Advertise.xml">
    </asp:XmlDataSource>

Code Behind:

protected void AdRotatorHeader_AdCreated(object sender, AdCreatedEventArgs e)
    {
    try
    {
    if (e.AdProperties["Category"].ToString() == "Script")
    {
    LabelHeaderScript.Text = e.AdProperties["ImageUrl"].ToString();
    LabelHeaderScript.Visible = false;
    AdRotatorHeader.Visible = true;
    }
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
    string str = ex.Message;
    AdRotatorHeader.Visible = false;
    }
    }

10. I think i had figure out the problem myself

FTP Site was not uploading all my site contents so
    i decided to use FileZilla Client to delete all the folders on the root directory
    and uploaded all over again, went i test my URL via www.csproject-topics.com
    it opens perfectly well.

Thank you all very much

Remind Bless.

ComputerMan likes this.
  11. ComputerMan

Glad you have resolved your issue.

12. Please how can i make my site to appear on google search

e.g. If students are searching for project topics or for instance i type my site name on google it should be able to bring out related information about my site

How can it be done please.

13. JohnD

JohnD Winhost Staff

Hi Cletus,

In short, what you are looking to do is search engine optimization (SEO). Most-likely the search engines (like Google) already know your site is there and is already sending bots to your domain so they can index your site. I say this because Google specifically is ICANN accredited so they knew about your site once the domain was registered.

So with that knowledge your next step is to optimize your pages for the terms you want to be found for in the search index. There are a lot of ways to do the optimization, so I would tell you to review some of the sites that cover how to do SEO and SEO news:

SearchEngineLand
    WebMasterWorld
    SearchEngineWatch

These sites should be a good jumping off spot into how to SEO your site and pages for the terms you are really looking to rank for.

Your only other option would be to actually do the paid search advertising (Google AdWords, Bing Ads). The search engine advertising model is a cost per click model so you only pay when someone clicks on your ad, and you tell the search engine the terms you wish to have your ads show up for. You set what you are willing to pay per click, but the more you are willing to pay per click the better chance you have at showing at the top of the 1st page as the #1 ad.

I hope that helps some!

ComputerMan likes this.
  14. Thank you, let me try it

15. Please i tried to view my site on my mobile phone via m.csproject-topics.com
    and it pop-up Switch to desktop site

Do i realy need to do any configurations before it will work fine on mobile devices

I had already subscribed for goMobile Services

Please I need Help

16. I see your mobile site at the mobile domain...

17. yeah thanks

I read your tutorials so i now know how to configure my goMobile site

18. [/QUOTE]

Oh that is easy :
    At firs you should submit your site to Google and lay a link trail. Then choose best keywords possible. Manage your meta tags. Optimize for mobile and prove that you're a local.

1. This is the best site I've found for current search engine optimization news/trends/tips: https://searchengineland.com/
    2. Moz WhiteBoard Fridays have been an immense help in learning the technical on-page side of SEO: https://moz.com/blog/category/whiteboard-friday

There are a lot of great educational resources out there to help you structure your site for best visibility for your desired keywords.
    Good luck!