FTP with SSL using SecureFX

Discussion in 'FTP' started by uncaged, Apr 24, 2011.

1. I'm using SecureFX from VanDyke.com. My SSL options are SFTP, FTP/SSP(explicit), and FTP/SSL(implicit). Besides the Username and Password fields, there's also an Account field, and I'm not sure what to put in it. There's an option, "Disable certificate verification", and without an account value, and with that option selected, I can connect. Without that option selected, I'm getting:

< 220-Microsoft FTP Service
    < 220 Winhost.com FTP
    > AUTH TLS
    < 234 AUTH command ok. Expecting TLS Negotiation.
    i Control connection could not be protected.
    i (0x80090322) The target principal name is incorrect.

What is the proper value for Account, and how can I use certificate verification successfully?

Thanks

2. Ray

Ray

Is there an option for FTP/TLS(explicit) or FTP/SSL(explicit)? If not try choosing FTP/SSP(explicit).

3. That was a typo. It should have said FTP/SSL(explicit), which is the option I'm successfully using, but only with "Disable certificate verification" checked. Without that option checked, I get that error.

4. Ray

Ray

The connection should still be encrypted even if you disable that check.

5. I'm trying to get a script running that is supposed to execute an FTP put over an SSL connection. My connection parameters work fine, I can connect manually to the server and drag and drop via the SecureFX GUI. When I try and run the connection from a DOS script, it returns an invalid state change and fails. Any ideas would be appreciated!