Errors when publishing database

Discussion in 'Databases' started by johan, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Following the steps outlined at http://forum.Winhost.com/showthread.php?t=58 I get the following kinds of errors in SQL Server Management Studio:

Code:
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles, Line 53
    Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Finnish_Swedish_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

I'm guessing that your database is using "Finnish_Swedish_CI_AS" collation but the ASP.NET Membership objects you installed were using "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" collation or vice versa.

Please see this link which shows you how to change the collation of your database so that it matches:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms175835.aspx

Or were you trying to run a query when you received this error?

3. I changed the collation of my local database to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. Everything works except two stored procedures: aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles and aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles. When I check their collation on my local database they are also SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.

This is the entire error message I get:
    Code:
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles, Line 53
    Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Finnish_Swedish_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles, Line 58
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles, Line 87
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles, Line 92
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles, Line 48
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles, Line 52
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles, Line 79
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles, Line 83
    Msg 468, Level 16, State 9, Procedure aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles, Line 93
    Msg 15151, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Cannot find the object 'aspnet_UsersInRoles_AddUsersToRoles', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.
    Msg 15151, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Cannot find the object 'aspnet_UsersInRoles_RemoveUsersFromRoles', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Please see the following 2 links regarding the collation error:

http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2007/0...ve-collation-conflict-for-equal-to-operation/
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqltools/thread/5b8fe3d4-b338-4c46-a168-943e272e6c17/

Regarding the stored procedures, verify they exist by expanding the Database -> Programmability -> Stored Procedures folder in SQL Server Management Studio. If they exist, then you have some sort of permissions problem. Right clicking the stored procedure and selecting Properties should give you more information.

5. Thank you for those links. After a bunch of fiddling with collations all over the place I managed to get it to work.

6. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Great! I'm glad to hear that. :)