Error Trying to access site for the first time.

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by meridianpay, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Hello, i just uploaded my site using VS2010 and now when i try to access the the login part of the site i get this error.

"
    Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 16: <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    Line 17: <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/></assemblies></compilation>
    Line 18:<authentication mode="Forms">
    Line 19: <forms loginUrl="~/Account/Login.aspx" timeout="2880"/>
    Line 20: </authentication>
    Source File: E:\web\meridian\gateway\web.config Line: 18
    "

any help would be appericated thanks. i'm not using the the forms authentication, i created my on login page with MSSQL database. Could that have something to do with it? not sure once again thanks

2. I figured this one out. Thanks