Error in ASP.NET application: Could not load type '_Default'

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by Trevor Foltz, Mar 26, 2014.

1. I just deployed my ASP.NET application created with VS 2013, using the FTP Publish procedure. It appeared to deploy correctly, but I get that error when I try to access the application via a web browser. The app works fine when I run it locally with Visual Studio. I've tried most of the suggestions found when I google the error, but they don't seem to make a difference. The ASP.NET Framework Version is set to 4.x in my Site Manager and the configuration for the project indicates version 4.5.

Thanks

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

It looks like you might be missing a custom assembly. Please read this blog on how to add that assembly to your project's /bin folder.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    Michael likes this.
  3. I got past that error the hard way, by rewriting the entire application in the same namespace. Now I'm getting an error stating it cannot find a custom type, even though it is in the same namespace as the object that references it. How can it be missing a reference to a type in the same namespace?