Error 10 Web deployment task failed.An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote

Discussion in 'General troubleshooting' started by Sayeed Rahman, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Hi:

I am having trouble deploying my site. I am using VS 2010 and web-deploy, and am getting the following error message:

Error 10 Web deployment task failed.((2015-01-14 7:52:18 AM) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer.)

(2015-01-14 7:52:18 AM) An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer.
    The database 'DB_84516_dbsidb' could not be created.

Any help to resolve this issue is appreciated.

Best regards,
    Sayeed

2. FredC

FredC Winhost Staff

Looks like your deployment is trying to create the database. The database is already created and when you try to recreate it, it will crash.

3. Thanks a lot for your reply. Now my concern is how do I upload the database that I have been working on with some test data in it? I know that we can create a database on the Winhost, but that database does not contain any of the tables that my application's database has. Therefore, it will make sense to recreate/upload the database that is on the application side, rather than using the blank database of the Winhost side. If there is some lack of clarity on my way of looking at the issue, a better explanation is appreciated. Eventually I would like to resolve the problem of not being able to upload my database onto the Winhost server.

I sincerely appreciate your reply with some resolve asap.

Best regards,

Sayeed

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    Michael likes this.
  5. Thanks a lot. I appreciate the information provided. It worked.

ComputerMan likes this.