Email with just domain purchase?

Discussion in 'Email' started by slprince, May 13, 2014.

1. Hi,

I have one site with Winhost and just purchased another new domain. But I don't need hosting for it just email. Does buying the domain name thru Winhost come with email or do I have to purchase the hosting as well? If I do have to purchase hosting can I get refunded on the domain purchase? I am pretty sure I can get email service from Godaddy for just the domain name. Thanks

Scot

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  2. I'm afraid we don't have an email-only plan, so you would have to open a new site to get email service.

GoDaddy can give you "free" email because their profit from the domain sale offsets the cost. We aren't a registrar (we're a reseller), so we don't have a profit margin to work with on domain registrations. We offer it as a convenience for our users, domain registration doesn't generate a lot of revenue for us.

3. Thanks for the information. Believe me, I would prefer NOT to use GoDaddy. Is there anyway I can tie in that new domain I purchased from Winhost to the site I do have thru Winhost? And then use the Winhost email for that new domain? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. You would have to replace the domain on the current site with the new domain name.

If that's what you want to do, you can go to the Site Manager page in Control Panel and click the "Change Domain" icon at the bottom of the Site Info section.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015