DotNetNuke 5 and 6 coexisting?

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by drchester3, Mar 6, 2012.

1. I have a basic account now with DotNetNuke5 running on it quite happily (AllSaintsSouthPgh.org). Since this particular web site is not heavily used, and I want to experiment with DotNetNuke 6 I wonder if anyone has experience with upgrading basic to max accounts, and then installing DNN6 to co-exist with DNN5. There would seem to be plenty of space and each could have its own database. Does this seem like a plan?

2. ComputerMan

ComputerMan Winhost Staff

It sure does seem like a plan! Since you are on the Basic plan. You only get 100 MB of ram allocated to your application pool. You also only get to have 1 SQL database for your hosting account.

By upgrading to to the Max plan. You will be able to have up to 10 SQL databases for your hosting account. You can review our Hosting Plans here

You will also have a increase of ram memory allocated to your hosting account. You will go from 100 MB of RAM to 200 MB of ram if you go to the MAX plan.

If you feel hungry. You can go to our Ultimate plan and you will receive 300 MB of memory for your web application pool.

Please read our knowledge base article on How do I change the plan for my site (upgrade/downgrade)?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015