Domain Pointer Email Question

Discussion in 'DNS/Domain names' started by MilkyJoe, Sep 11, 2012.

1. I have successfully configured my domain pointer and enabled email aliases. To test, I sent an email to [email protected] from my main @primary.com account. I then sent a reply from [email protected]. So far, so good. The trouble is, the email I received had a sender address of [email protected] - I expected it to be [email protected].

I have set the "reply from email address" against the user account, and it does appear in the email; it's just underneath the sender address.

Have I missed something? Is what I need to achieve even possible?

Thanks

2. Anyone?

Should I raise a support ticket for this?

3. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

I don't think what you're proposing is possible because no actually mailboxes exist for the pointer domain(s).

4. Thanks for the response.

That's unfortunate. It looks like I'll need to (reluctantly) change host :(

5. Just to be clear (as I've now triggered a cancellation): I can have unlimited domains with my account, but there is now way to have fully functioning email accounts with each domain? I guess I'd have to have a hosting plan for each domain?

6. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Yes, you need to have a hosting plan for each domain. You can only have an alias with the domain pointer.

7. Ok. Thanks again for the response. I don't actually need separate sites, so that's a shame.