DNN host smtp settings

Discussion in 'Site Programming, Development and Design' started by MarkE, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Hi,

Can someone please tell me what to use for the DNN smtp settings? I need to set up my site to use email verification before new members can fully register and need the smtp info to do so.
    It may be worth mentioning that I'm using the temp URL since my current site is still up and running and the name servers still point to it.

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

It should be in this format if your name servers are pointed to us:

SMTP Host/Server: mail.HostingAccountDomain.com where your replace HostingAccountDomain.com with your actual domain name.
    SMTP Port: 25 or 587
    Username: [full email address]
    Password: [the one you set]

Michael likes this.
  3. Hi Elshadriel,

My domain is not pointed to the new account I opened with Winhost because the new website is still being developed. I assume that won't work until I do since it doesn't work. Do you know if this is true. If so, is there a temporary work around that can be used?

Thanks,
    Mark

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
  4. Elshadriel

Elshadriel Winhost Staff

Hi Mark,

You might need to open up a support ticket to find out which mail server you're on, but there is a static domain name that you can use (the format will be in the form m##.internetmailserver.net), or you can use the IP address of the mail server.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015